Dec 7, 2015

comfort

The Lord is gracious and righteous;

our God is full of compassion.


The Lord protects the simplehearted;

when I was in great need, he saved me.


Be at rest once more, O my soul,

for the Lord has been good to you.


For you, O LORD, have delivered

my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling,

that I may walk before the LORD in the land of the living.


Psalm 116:5-9






Remain in me,

and I will remain in you.

No branch can bear fruit by itself;

it must remain in the vine.

Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.


If you remain in me and my words remain in you,

ask whatever you wish,

and it will be given you.

This is to my Father's glory,

that you bear much fruit,

showing yourselves to be my disciples.

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you.

Now remain in my love.

If you obey my commands,

you will remain in love,

just as I have obeyed my father's commands and remain in his love.

I have told you this so that

my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.

My command is this:

Love each other as I have loved you.


John 15:4, 7-12







No comments:

Post a Comment